The joker and the puppet Master

I have been found guilty as charged.

all the world was a stage for me, and I used to call myself the Director. I would put in actors on stage and make them dance like a puppet.

Puppet master.

Thats what they used to call me.


Then one day, while I was sleeping, I heard a voice. It sounded as if someone was crying somewhere. I woke up with a start. I looked around and saw no one around. By then, the crying had turned into a voice. Someone was trying to speak to me.

It was coming from the wooden box in which I used to keep my sticks. I remember putting the sticks back into the box after the show. There had been a riot scene on stage. Maybe, one of the actors got trapped inside. I opened the box to look inside. There was a small boy sitting inside. He seemed to be made of wood. He was looking at me with looks of anger. As if, I had been the one who had locked him inside.

Then, he spoke.

Are you the director?

Yes...but, how do you know?...and, who ARE you. I have never seen you here..neither are you one of my actors.

Oh, my name is ___*___. I AM one of the actors. But you havn't cast me yet. I have been sitting in this box for some time now. I do not remember the hours or days I have spent in there. All this time, I have been listening to all the shows you have put up from in here, but never got to see the plays. I can recognize all the actors you have casted till now.
But, I never heard your voice. This is the first time i have heard your voice. Thats how I knew you were the director.

Oh, you are smart. I do not remember casting you though. Must be a long time back. Anyways, tell me, what do you think of my plays? i know it might be a bit strange of me to ask from someone who has never seen my plays, but you Surely have heard them. And I have never had a review from a blind spectator.

your plays are good. But they could be better. You know, while I was in there, I also used to hear the audience responces. Lately, I have heard a lot of booing. i think, people have got bored listening to the same voices over and over again. Lets do something. Why don't u introduce me to them. Lets sit there hand have a chat with the audience. Lets make them laugh for a change. Enough of drama.

Lets Put a smile on their faces.


He said with a smile.

And then, I decided to name my Last character.
I called him "The Joker"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

stinges